A generous supporter of Glodwick CC for many years
Glodwick CC is over 100 years old. Formed, as were so many cricket clubs, originally as a church team, representing Glodwick Wesleyans, players from teams dating back to 1920 still keep watch from their photographs on the club house walls.
From its original home in the Oldham Sunday School League, the club moved through the Denton, and then the North Manchester, Leagues, before joining the Saddleworth League in 2007. It was there that it had its greatest success, winning the title in 2014. In 2016, following the reorganisation of local cricket, it took its place in the JW Lees Brewery Pennine Cricket League.
Off the field there has been non stop redevelopment since 2006. In that year the boundary fences were pushed back thirty yards, and the bulldozers moved in to create a junior practice area/pitch and to do major levelling and extension works (despite which the pitch still has a considerable slope across its playing area).
Major drainage works were undertaken in 2013, and at the end of the following year magnificent new nets were constructed giving the club a superb artificial practice area. Finally (for now) in 2016 the club house was extended to provide an enlarged function room.